General Terms and Conditions of Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG
1. Scope of the Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions are applicable for events in the restaurant, in the meeting rooms of the hotel, the museum, the grounds and for the reservation of rooms, as well as for all other related services and supplies.
2. Conclusion of the Contract
The contract is concluded by confirmation of the Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG. Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG, is free to confirm the booking in writing.
Reserved rooms or banquet facilities are only available to the guest/purchaser at the agreed upon time. A use of the rooms beyond the fixed period of time requires a reservation.
Room changes are arranged by the Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG, provided they are reasonable for the guest/purchaser, taking into account the interests of the Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG.
4. Cancellation Policy
In case of cancellation of reserved rooms and / or meeting rooms outage costs are to be paid. The basis for calculation of cancellation fees shall be the contractually agreed upon menu price and / or room rate and / or lump sum. In case of cancellation of a binding reserved room or a rented space the cancellation policy is as follows:
- Up to 6 weeks before arrival date account for exemption of cancellation fees.
- Up to 1 week prior to arrival date accrues a fee of 50% of the agreed upon price.
- Less than 1 week prior to arrival date accrues a fee of 80% of the agreed upon price.
When relaying the room to another guest, the guest becomes exempt from any cancellation fees. The guest / purchaser is free to prove that the saved expenses were higher in individual cases. The Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG remains free to prove lower savings.
5. Cancellation of Individual Rooms
Single rooms (max. three) associated with an event with 10 or more rooms booked can be cancelled free of charge up to 48 hours prior to the event.
The Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG Burg has the right to demand a deposit of 20% of the agreed upon total after the conclusion of the contract.
The guest/ purchaser may only offset undisputed or legally binding claims against a claim by the hotel.
The Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG is entitled to withdraw from the contract for justifiable causes, for example, if
- it has reason to believe that the event might jeopardize the smooth operation, security or reputation of the hotel in public beyond the contol of the domain and organization Burg Reichenstein GmbH attributable & Co. KG;
- force majeure or any circumstances beyond the performance of the contract of the Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG render it impossible to abide by the contract;
- events are booked under misleading or false information regarding material facts of the organizer or the purpose
- the purpose or the cause of the event is illegal
9. Obligatory Notice/ Notification of Number of Persons
To ensure group bookings of 10 persons or more run smoothly, a complete list of names is to be provided by the guest/purchaser to the hotel at least 7 days before arrival of the group, and
b) Seminars, Events and Celebrations
The organizer must be notified of definitive number of persons expected for the event no less than 7 days before the event in written form.
- If the number of participants changes by more than 5% this has to be reported to Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG no later than 5 working days before the beginning of the event at The Burg Reichenstein and requires their consent.
- In the case of an upward change, the actual number of participants is calculated.
- If the number of participants changes by more than 10% Burg Reichenstein GmbH & Co. KG is entitled to recalculate the agreed prices and to change the confirmed rooms, unless this is unreasonable for the guest/purchaser.
10. Minimum Turnover
Provided you have a certain minimum turnover, we provide our premises for your celebration for free. If this minimum turnover is not reached, we will bill you the difference of this minimum turnover as room rental fee.
The following accommodation prices are provided on the weekends (Fridays and Saturdays) between May and October:
Hall & Lounge: 8,500.00 EUR
Stable: 6,500.00 EUR
Jägerstuben: 3,000.00 EUR
11. Service Package
In the interest of our employees, we charge a service fee of 35,00 EUR from 24.00 pm for every started hour and for each employee. The charge is due to the service time.
12. Bringing Food and Beverages
The organizer may not bring food or beverages to events. In special cases (national specialties etc.), the parties may make a special agreement in writing about it. In these cases, a service fee respectively a corkage fee will be charged.
13. Construction Activities
Due to the circumstances at Burg Reichenstein there may be repeated construction activities and consequent disturbances in the indoor and outdoor areas, the restaurant building and hotel building. No binding statements can be made of the time frame or duration of the activities.
We would like a settlement of the invoice seven days after receipt without deduction to the above mentioned account.
For damage or loss to equipment or inventory incurred during a stay, the guest / purchaser is liable, being refutable assuming that the incurred damage or loss was caused or inflicted by event participants. The installation of decorative material or other objects is not permitted without the consent of the hotel. The hotel is not liable for damage or loss of objects brought or exhibits, except for willful misconduct and gross negligence. Insurance of objects brought in is the responsibility of the guest / purchaser. Any brought decoration and other materials must comply with fire regulations.
16. Final Provisions
If any terms or other provisions of this contract are null and void, all other conditions and provisions remain in full force. Instead of the null and void terms it should say what comes closest to the required purpose in the legally permitted sense.
As of April 2016